View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 07:00 PM   #6
Porch Dweller
Life is for living

First Name: James
Trading: (24)
Bolivar AirForce (Retired)
Porch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to beholdPorch Dweller is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Burger Joints - What's Your Fav?

My top two are local places:
1) Love Shack. Yes, that's the name. It's a small place about a mile from my house. Limited hours and days of operation. Run by a husband and wife who do all the cooking. The burgers are fantastic; they take great pride in them and it shows. My favorite has caramelized onions, grilled mushrooms, and blue cheese on it. It is a sublime burger.

2) Mugshots. A local place that started in Hattiesburg, Mississippi then grew to have franchises throughout the state and in Alabama. Has won awards for best burger in the state every year for pretty much the last decade. Just flat-out great burgers. Their wings are great too, especially with the Carolina honey-mustard sauce.

3) Whataburger. When it comes to a fast-food burger, it's hard to beat Whataburger.

Honorable mention: McD's Quarter Pounder w/cheese and a side of hot and salty fries. Ol' reliable. Toss in a large Sprite and you have what was in my youth my hangover cure.