View Single Post
Old 01-02-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
bruceolee
King of Rants

First Name: Jason
Trading: (1)
Bolivar
bruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the roughbruceolee is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: NASA/Space Junkies

Yeah it's hard to explain to people how amazing it was to see a launch. We unfortunately got to see a lot of amazing people lose their jobs with shutting down the shuttle program.
My family and friends out of state just never understood the magic of it all. If every citizen went to one launch event we'd never have to worry about funding ever again. I mean landing on the moon and the other amazing accomplishments by NASA was really our great wall or pyramids. Plus getting to see our place in the universe and multiverse without making any contact with another world yet shows you what a precious gift we have here. It's an overwhelming idea but one that was encouraged and given to us by our space program.

Sorry, I tend to rant a bit much. I just wish everyone could experience what we've had the good fortune of experiencing several times a year. We are very lucky down here.