View Single Post
Old 12-21-2010, 02:10 PM   #29
alley00p
Adopted MassHole

First Name: Charlie
Trading: (41)
Partagas AirForce (Served With Honor)
alley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura aboutalley00p has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: A shining example of poor customer service!

I have to agree with Hugh; Boswell's has been in business for a long time and I would think they should be able to contact a dissatisfied customer.

But, having learned the hard way, when I order something online I make sure of the final cost. And even then, I've been burned - I ordered some merchandise from "Europe", not realizing that I would be charged a fee for the exchange rate between dollars and euros That wouldn't have too bad, but because of a delay in shipping and 2 charges against my credit card, I got hit with a couple of overdraft fees from my bank.

I won't order pipe tobacco from JR's, because of their screwy shipping charges - so much per tin plus shipping costs.

What surprises me is that Boswell's doesn't have anything regarding shipping charges. I can understand that some places don't want the expense of building in a shipping rate calculator, but there is no excuse for them to not have something besides "whatever it costs" on their webpage. Even a small place like Sterling Tobacco has a flat fee, based on the dollar amount of the order: Under $25=x / $25-$150=x / Over $150=free.

Sorry, Hugh, it doesn't look as if you are going to get any satisfaction from them. I guess you'll have to take this one as a lesson learned.

Charlie