Thread: Cheese
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #14
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Cheese

Argh, last night I had one of my first bad cheese experiences. There is a place here in town I call El Supermercado,
because it's a HUGE store that carries everything latins want, and every kind of asian 'delight' as well.
Everything but American, lol. I was looking for butter the other day, not a stick. wtf? But I digress.
I have taken to buying big mailbox sized (paper box actually) blocks of "plain cheese". It is a white cross between
meunster and mozzerella, I guess. It's always great. I broke into a new block last night and it tasted like a salt lick.
It freaked me out it was so salty. I am not sure if it was a bad batch or what. I am apprehensive about taking it back
and trying to convince the owner he needs to give me a new 15 dollar block. He seems old school Viet. Not taken to
listening to gringo complaints. Usually this cheese is saltier than mozzerella but still very light and delicious. YIKES.
Not this block. Choked some down last night on some tostada melts.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote