View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 11:30 AM   #141
Mister Moo
I barely grok the obvious

First Name: Dan
Trading: (3)
HUpmann Army (Served With Honor)
Mister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the roughMister Moo is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Mokapots, Moka, or Stovetop Espresso, Period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.G View Post
For anyone with the 1-cup Bialetti Moka Express, does it really make enough for one cup or do you loose a lot of water to the grinds and residual in the boiler?

Also, anyone have the 2-cup model with the platform for the cups and the copper fill pipes to the cups rather than the upper caraffe tank? Does it work any different than the Moka Express with the tank? Can both of the nozzles be swiveled over to fill one cup?

(this machine is only going to be for me, the 1cup seems small, the 3 would be too much)

thanks.
Damn hard to find a 2-cupper anymore - don't know why. I have a Bialetti Dama and a Guzzini pot both in the 2-cup model and they're just right for me. I like the way the 1-cuppers brew best but, yes, they don't brew more than a double shot. They make one great Americano or cafe-au-lait, but not one and a half.

Never used that bent-spigot double thingie; REI sells them and I keep thinking it'd be fun to try each time I'm in the store. Memory says I read some bad reviews on it a while back but I can't say that firsthand. A Bialetti Express 3-cup isn't so bad but you might want to cruise the net hard looking for an real 2x. Or get an AeroPress.