Old 06-16-2011, 07:22 AM   #1
WyoBob
Still Watching My Back

First Name: Bob
Trading: (1)
WyoBob will become famous soon enough
Default Danger---Crocs

In the hopes of saving others from going through what I am right now-----

I slipped on some water on my garage floor while wearing the devil's shoes----Crocs. I shattered my left wrist and $20,000 worth of well jobs flew out the door. That was the only work I had lined up for this year and it was all going to those blood suckers at bc/bs to pay my health insurance for this year, $17,500/yr with $10,000 deductible. (Insurance companies don't like 64 year olds, much.) My wrist has so many little bone fragments floating around that the surgeon didn't think they'd hold screws so I guess we're going to see if some fragments "bond" together and can be fixed at a later date.

The "take away" from the above? If you wear crocs----don't. I'm not the only person this has happened to according to what I've found on the net. There have also been lots of children injured on escalators while wearing crocs. Many nurses have worn crocs and have been injured and some hospitals have banned them. I hope by writing this that I might save someone from going through what I've experienced.

On the bright side, I've found that I can load and light my pipe which will make me less grumpy. The down side? No booze for awhile.

http://www.littlerubbershoes.com/how...comment-142379

Update: The cast didn't work so, last week, they inserted pins with linkage (on the outside of my arm). They anchor the pins in solid material and then stick sharp probes through the skin and move pieces into position and adjust the clamp to hold them in place.

On my one week appointment yesterday, things weren't lined up 100% so they stuck a couple of fingers into some "Chinese handcuff" like things, suspended my arm and draped some weights over my upper arm to stretch things, loosened the clamps and spread things apart and re-tightened. They'd take a x-ray and made adjustments until the doc was satisfied. This involved the doc grabbing my wrist and twisting a bit. Even after ingesting some pain killer's, the pain was unbearable. Made me long for the days when I had an abscessed tooth. I'll not go through that again without using major pain killer's or being put under.

I've been sleeping in a recliner which has worked out well.

I bought the Crocs for creek crossings while backpacking and found they were handy slip ons for use around the house for walking to my shop (Fortress of Solitude) but they don't work worth a hoot when there's moisture on concrete involved. I hope by posting this that I might be able to save someone from going through the physical and financial pain I've been going through.

WyoBob
WyoBob is offline   Reply With Quote