View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 09:35 AM   #11
mrreindeer

Default Re: Losing Weight with Andysutherland

Andy, you're already off to a great start & Shaerza, way to go, that's freakin' awesome! I too am a big fan of WW (Weight Watchers). My mom took me to WW as a kid back in the '80's and I've pretty much been on or off all my life. The times I've gained some weight, I've just been lazy and not heeded the proper 'lifestyle'; it's entirely my fault. For the most part in the past decade, I've found success using what I've learned in WW and applying it in my daily eating routine. Unlike other diets out there where you've got to buy & eat the company's proprietary foodstuffs, WW taught me the tools necessary to conquer eating normal food, going out to dinner, etc. When I've felt weak, I've returned to the meetings which offer great group support which surprisingly enough, is part of WW's appeal & success.

During the holidays before our wedding, mrsreindeer & I joined up again to get some weight off and it worked great again and now she & I adhere to the guidelines mostly during the week and enjoy ourselves on the weekends and we've been doing pretty well maintaining.

And we use the point system too; it's great & so easy. Eat a bowl of cereal...5 points.....eat more points up to your daily max of well, I'm trying to be at 24....very simple.

I just need to reintroduce some exercise as I've really slacked off there and that also helps so much in your dieting.

Best of luck to you guys. It's tough during the holidays but doable; hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaerza View Post
I started out just doing Weight Watchers (I highly recommend the online tracking program, it REALLY helps you in watching what you eat even after you stop using it) for the first 3 months and lost about 30lbs. Then I started hitting the gym for 45 minutes 3 times a week. We did 20 min of cardio then 25 minutes of lifting. I am now doing 45 minutes of lifting 3x a week and 1-2 hours of racquetball 2 times a week. I feel worlds better then I did this time last year and am pretty happy that I was able to accomplish this.