Fredo456
Addicted

First Name: Fred
Trading: (3)
Fredo456 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NHL 2013 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahtofire14 View Post
I'm not a fan of it as we gave away Darrel Powe (don't care) and a big, young talented scorer, Nick Palmieri, who was up and down with us last year. Rupp is just a goon from what I can tell. Any thoughts? Seems like all we're going after lately is brawn and not talent. (After the Parise/Suter signing of course)
I agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense. It appears that Powe/Rupp have a similar role: to provide hits. Rupp hasn't been a real goon throughout his career, with only 3 seasons above 100 PIM. Powe had slowed down this season, in the hits dept.

As for Palmieri, I agree that he's still somewhat young (for a power forward anyway), but in 3 pro careers, hasn't shown he could be more than a journeyman, with 87 games played. He hasn't been a talented scorer at previous levels of his career (OHL, AHL) either and didn't crack the lineup as a 23 year-old. He cleared the waivers after training camp, so nobody else wanted him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
Maybe the Wild feels they need his leadership in the locker room?
That's what I'd say too. Perhaps they even think he can still contribute on the ice.