Thread: Rolex Owners?..
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 12:29 PM   #47
mosesbotbol
That's a Corgi

First Name: Moses
Trading: (6)
Punch
mosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the roughmosesbotbol is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Rolex Owners?..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueface View Post
Moses,
Mine is kept almost like the day I got it, except for the decal underneath that has long faded.
You kept the decal on

36mm cases are not as popular as they were in the 80's. The day date Daytona is saw I think was 36mm as well. I am sure they want all the money as any Rolex with real complications are big money. They make them now, but are a "catalog" watch. They may even farm out those watches to few watchsmiths to make under contract to Rolex.

Here's a picture of Daytona I am talking about.

As you may already know from previous threads, I am not really a Rolex fan, but to underplay their status or investment would tarnish any credibility I may have. If you're not really into horology or don't have a large collection of fancy watches, a Rolex is good choice. It comes down to aesthetics and Rolex is the most copied watch for a reason.

Then again their investment value is because of Rolex's distribution channels. There's nothing inherent to Rolex (vs. other watches of similar price) that make their watches better. Well maybe the parts we make for them make them better, lol...