Old 09-24-2009, 02:28 PM   #5
Mugen910
I <3 Huy

First Name: Location
Trading: (106)
HUpmann MarineCorps (Served With Honor)
Mugen910 has disabled reputation
Default Re: I'm a college student considering the military

I spent a year in college and realized I wasn't mature enough to stay with school so as a 20yr old I joined the Marines. I needed to break out of my own comfort zone and the Marines did that.

I would do it again in a heart beat and I would also go Officer next time around because I feel I could have contributed and learned more for what type of person I am and what I was seeking. It wasn't the easy choice and it put a lot of stress on my family but I needed it.

Don't join the military due to money..don't join because you want someone to pay for your schooling..don't join because you just want to and have no idea what else life holds for you...I've met people who did this last part and when they found out what they wanted..most of the times it was not to be part of the green machine.

With that said, Do join if you feel it can help you better your life..Join if you want to be a part of a machine that protects this country..Do join after looking at all the branches and seeing what it can offer you and more importantly what you can offer it.

Why do you want to join the military?

Why is the military an option for you?

Which branch do you want to join and why?

Keep in mind that you may actually be on the battlefield, can you handle that?

Enlisted or Officer?

Again, money will always be an issue with most people in life and going military will not make it better.