View Single Post
Old 07-02-2012, 08:43 AM   #3269
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Maybe this PAGE, but I am but a gnat on the butt of a steer around here. But I hope to be a horsefly one day.
I will say one thing, I have perfected the art of smoking on a machine that is mostly a grill. I have gotten about
as good at this indirect grilling and smoking as you can get. I have even decided just to STOP practicing. I have too
much meat in the freezer and don't even go into a store to get vegetables or anything anymore, it's straight
to the reduced meat rack and if there is nothing I buy a chicken or a rack of BBRs. It's a sickness I tell ya.

And you know, I say I am done practicing, but in my second chimney of coals, something made me fill it up,
when I know I only needed a half a chimney or less to finish the cook and to maintain my temps and I got
distracted talking to the landlady about some bullshi+ and threw in a full chimney and my temps shot up to
300+ and LUCKILY I pulled the chicken after browning and crisping the skin cause I totally overcooked my
pork fingers who WERE doing fine and likely really didn't even need another round of coals.

So maybe I am not ready to stop yet.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote