Fredo456
Addicted

First Name: Fred
Trading: (3)
Fredo456 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: NHL '11 - '12 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanger View Post
Sounds like the Flyers offered Weber 14 years for ~$100 million. Will Nashville match or let him walk and take the 4 first round picks. Would be tough for Nashville to lose their entire top blue line, I imagine.
The amount is said to be 110 M$, so it would be 7.85 M$ per year, about the same as his previous salary (7,5 M$). It would only yield a compensation of two 1st round picks, a 2nd and a 3rd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I don't see how the Preds can not match the offer sheet, I think their fans will freak if they do not.
My first reaction was "they can't afford it", now I'm rather thinking "they can't afford not to".

OTOH, even with Weber on board, they can't carry this team just Rinne and him. There doesn't seem to be much prospect wise, and there is nothing left on the team, either on defense or up front (they don't have a first line).

I think they're doomed, short term, wether they match the offer sheet or not. If they don't, there's no guarantee they'll be able to draft worthwhile prospects with the compensation.