View Single Post
Old 05-31-2010, 04:02 PM   #81
Chainsaw13
Møøse bites can be nasty

First Name: Bob
Trading: (96)
Bolivar
Chainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to beholdChainsaw13 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Super fattie contest

Ok, I tried my hand at making a Super Fattie. A lot of flavor combinations were running through my head and I ended up going with a Mexican inspired version.

Ingredients:
2lbs of Chorizo Sausage (a Mexican grocery near me makes some of the best chorizo I've found)
1/2 lb of Beef Shortrib Adobado (bones removed before going in the fattie)
Corn Bread Mix (to act as a chiles rellenos batter)
Anahiem Chiles (roasted, cleaned and seeded)
Huitlacoche (a fungus that grows on corn. Called the Mexican truffle. Very earthy with a slight corn flavor. This was put in the roasted chile with some of the cheese)
Chihuaua Cheese
Oaxaca Chese (stuffed in the chile)
Cilantro
Onion
Tomatillo Salsa (not pictured, mixed in the cornbread batter)

The finished producted turned out awesome, served along some mexican rice and refried black beans. The cornbread batter tasted a lot more like a tamale, soaking up a lot of the rendered fat from the sausage. One bite you get a taste of the chile/cheese/huitlacoche, another the cornbread and a nugget of the shortribs.

I had a issue while rolling where the outer sauage layer broke so I had to wrap in aluminum foil to cook it. Mental note for next time, make sure to hand mix the sausage thoroughly for a cohesive binding.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mexican Super Fattie 3.jpg (107.9 KB, 307 views)
File Type: jpg Mexican Super Fattie.jpg (77.1 KB, 328 views)