View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 11:47 AM   #1823
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

Yeah, I realize that sounded harsh, not meant that way. I just have no advice for the typical Am@zon
purchase other than plain old research. At Am@zon I can't find a super-deal on a camera that has fallen
out of style, or something that is a trade-in, etc. It is going to come down to two things, I think. Do you
want to shoot top quality video TOO or are you looking for a dedicated, excellent still camera. That seems
to be a real linchpin. A lot of companies stumble when trying to keep up with the Joneses, forcing a HD video
camera onto a still camera and therein crippling low light capabilities due to chip capabilities. You will likely not
find a HD video capable still camera that produces top notch pics in a variety of light levels. And certainly not
for 200 bucks. The other thing is the importance of image quality as a primary factor. You can get a dozen good
cheap superzoom cameras if all you want is zoom and versatility regardless of pixel-peeping specs. You can buy
JUST for what kind of batteries power it, I used to choose only cameras that used AA batteries. I also choose
only cameras that save data on SD cards.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote