View Single Post
Old 11-09-2011, 06:50 AM   #4
dave
Have My Own Room

First Name: Dave
Trading: (15)
Partagas Navy (Retired)
dave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the roughdave is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: A Season of Giving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicant_argent View Post
As the holidays approach, and I was perusing the Troop auctions I had a few thoughts.
With my business I may not have a few hundred extra to bid on some of the auctions for some of the things I may want with the expenses I already know are coming up. That's the way it is with being self employed. Some of the auctions don't appeal to me, but I am sure they appeal to others. I still wanted to make a difference. Since the auctions really aren't about getting something and rather about giving, I decided to do my part and put a couple small things up.
Cigar/man cave/sports/whatever related, I think we can all find something that we can give up for an auction to benefit the troops.

I did. It feels good. I think it kicked this cranky Scrooge into a better mood for the next couple months.
It might be a little self serving, but I think it may have made me feel better than I might have bidding on one of the small lots.

Try it yourself and see!
http://www.cigarasylum.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=128
Guess I'm not worthy. Can't see that post. Sounds like a good idea, however.
dave is offline   Reply With Quote