View Single Post
Old 12-19-2009, 12:30 PM   #8
PuffdaMagic

Default Re: Marines Ban Twitter, MySpace, Facebook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subvet642 View Post
I'm a Submarine veteran, and I can tell ya', as a whole, we were a smart bunch of Squids, but there's always someone in the crowd who thinks they're too smart. I've seen it, and I'll bet you've seen it too. Also, it seem to be intended to prevent morale attacks on the troops, not unlike Tokyo Rose and Axis Sally broadcasts during WWII. What's to stop enemy Intel Ops from posting on a Marines' (or anyone’s) Facebook page that his Ol' Lady is screwing around or something like that? When I was at sea, we had these things called "Family Grams", where friends and family could send us little messages of ten words or less via radio, on a space available basis. Every single one of them was screened by the CO to make sure that no upsetting news got to the crew. With the weapons we had, they didn't want to have a crewmember emotionally torqued. I imagine that would be just as risky for you guys. BTW, everyone I know thinks that you guys are doin' a great job, BRAVO-ZULU! (That’s Navy for "Job well done")
You have a great point sir and it makes sense. That do happen here a lot and Its really hard to get soldiers to cope with those problems