Old 06-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #209
Blueface
Gramps 4x's

First Name: Horatio Seymore Hiny
Trading: (8)
Bolivar
Blueface has disabled reputation
Default Re: iphone 4 just announced.

This should help answer the upgrade question.
This is the online chat I just had with AT&T.
Note that I know for a fact I am not due for an upgrade until October as my contract expires in January.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Sahar Guy'

Sahar Guy: Hello Mr. Machin.
you: Hi
Sahar Guy: I will be glad to assist you.
you: BTW, I am referring to the new iPhone 4 to be released.
Sahar Guy: Can you please verify the last four digits of your social security number for security purposes?
you: XXXX
Sahar Guy: Thank you.
Sahar Guy: You are eligible for an upgrade, you will be able to get the new Iphone on 06/24 online or in At&T stores.
you: Thank you. Can you verify for friends, while I recognize each situation is different, what has been announced in the media that anyone eligible for an upgrade any time in 2010 can now get the new iPhone?
Sahar Guy: If you are eligible for an upgrade you can get the phone for $199 or $299, if you want to buy the full without a contract it is $599 to $699, the early upgrade is $399 to $499.
you: If you are eligible now or at any time in 2010? Many channels locally were stating when iPhone announced that if as an example, have an upgrade in November of this year, AT&T is allowing you to get the new iPhone for same cost as new customer with a new contract.
you: Allowing you to get it now when available on 6/24 that is.
Sahar Guy: That is right, on 06/24 you can get the Iphone, you can also preorder the phone on 06/15.
you: Thanks. You have been helpful.