Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: General Star Wars Bizarre things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
I'm not trying to start an argument here, but some in depth discussion would be nice here....

Lucas made the changes to add the "Episode IV" to the title crawl early on b/c the original release production companies thought that audiences would be confused by starting a new film with episode IV. I don't agree with the other changes, but Lucas owns the film and his vision is his vision. If he wants the changes, then so be it. Do I like all of them? No. But it's not my films to play with.
I was just trying to explain that when LD collectors talk about released versions of a disc, it doesn't necessarily mean that the movie changed, it just means that it was a different pressing run. LD's are confusing and standardized that way, sometimes it changed, sometimes it didn't.

Aside from the title crawl, I don't think anything else was changed until the trilogy box set came out, I also don't think that the audio was remastered until then either - I'll have to check.

Aside from the Han Solo not shooting first anymore bit, I think most of the Trilogy additional footage was as harmless as it was useless and unnecessary (although I did chuckle at the Jawas that went over the top of the bantha and were dangling by the reins and cursing when the speeder bike cut them off)

I'm not crazy about the later changes, but ultimately, I really don't care either. It's just a f'ing movie after all.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote