Blind Cigar B Review 2
Review Format
0.0 - 2.0 = poor/inferior quality
2.1 - 2.9 = fair
3.0 - 3.5 = good
3.5 - 4.5 = excellent
4.6 - 5.0 = superior

1) Aesthetics
Comments: Smooth wrapper, triple cap. On the wrapper was some crystals glistening which is a huge plus. The cigar wrapper had a slight oily appearance with small veins. The color of the wrapper is an unblemished brown.

Score for aesthetics: 4.7

2) Pre-light Construction:

Comments: This cigar appears to be well rolled with no soft spots. The cigar appears to be firm to the touch but not overly tight. The aroma of the cigar is of sweet hay and tobacco and smells like a well cured and cared for cigar.

Score for Pre-light construction: 4.5

3) Post-light Construction/How it smoked:

Comments: This cigar has an excellent draw being not too loose and not too firm. As the saying goes, this cigar draws just right. Over the life of the cigar, about 70 minutes, only one burn correction was required and it was minor. Second cigar had the same burn time but the wrapper split on the 2nd 1/3 but the split did not cause a burn or flavor problem. Overall, this cigar exhibited very good construction.

Score for post-light construction: 4.0

4a) Flavor and strength – 1st 1/3:

Comments: Medium body to start. The cigar tasted of slight pepper with hay sweet cedar. The hay had a hint of grass but was the pleasant type of grass flavor and not at all green. The hay / grass flavor balanced nicely with the cedar. As the cigar progressed, a bit of white pepper emerges which is a nice addition.

4b) Flavor and strength – 2nd 1/3:

Comments: The strength is building to the upper end of medium and I would classify it as Med-Full. Leather has started to come to the fore in the flavor profile as the sweet hay fades a bit. The mix is a well balanced leather, cedar, pepper and grass.

4c) Flavor and strength – Last 1/3:

Comments: Med-Full in strength and the leather flavor is taking front seat however well balanced against the cedar, grass and a bit of pepper.

Score for flavor and strength: 4.5

5) Aftertaste/Finish:

Comments: Short finish on the palate. The lingering flavors are a mild aftertaste of grass and wood. The cedar wood flavor lingers the longest as the pepper settles in at the back of the tongue. In general, it’s a clean finish and fades before the next draw.

Score for aftertaste: 3.5

6) Aroma:

Comments: A wonderful room aroma is left behind of sweet grass, cedar, and white peper. To me, this is an easy aroma that few would be bothered to smell.

Score for aroma: 4.5

7) General Comments:

Comments: I enjoyed this cigar quite a bit although it’s not in the profile of those that I generally smoke. It leaves me questioning as to what it is but I suspect it’s a higher end Dominican. I’m looking forward to finding out what it actually is as it is puzzling me. My guess is the cigar has an Ecuadorian habano wrapper with a mix of Dominican and perhaps some Nicaraguan tobacco?

Overall score for the cigar. 4.5

8) Recommendation:
Comments: Highly recommended
Weelok is offline   Reply With Quote