paris1129
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Matthew
Trading: (4)
paris1129 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Seal on cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by nater View Post
That is the one thing I have learned... To expect instant results from a humidor is too much. My vino took almost a week to settle in, and that is with no wood to speak of. Have you tried the flashlight test?
I have no clue why it never occurred to me to try a flashlight! Sure enough, there were a couple of spots where the lower doors came together where I could see some light! I have added some extra weatherstipping in several key spots. After the additional weatherstripping, there is still the tiniest bit of light that you can see along the bottom 1/4 of the doors where they touch when shut, but its literally only a sliver. Besides, if I lock the doors shut, the lock seems to keep the doors tight enough that this sliver disappears, so I think we are good to go!
Of course, I had the doors open for a long time messing around with the additional weatherstripping, which dropped the RH way down! However, I've noticed that in 10-15 minutes since I locked it shut, the humidity is already jumped back up from 62 to 66 RH! I don't think I've ever seen recovery that quickly before. Hopefully that is a good sign that I've got a nice tight seal now!

Thanks for the help, everyone! I love Cigar Asylum!

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.
paris1129 is offline   Reply With Quote