View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 10:34 AM   #8
paris1129
Adjusting to the Life

First Name: Matthew
Trading: (4)
paris1129 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Seal on cabinet

I used 1/8 x 3/8 foam tape, the same in the photo in the first link above. Ever since I got the montegue in December, I've had to refill the cigar oasis every couple of days, and I noticed when I am in the office for a long time that I could hear it start up every few minutes for 30 seconds or so. I just assumed that it was because it was winter time and the air was so dry.

I will say that I recently purchased a boat load shilala's beads. I have about 12 of the large bags in my humi now, and I also have the cabinet nearly full of cigars (in December it wasn't very full). I haven't been paying as close of attention to the frequency of the cigar oasis starting up recently, so I don't know if this has changed from winter time (its gotten warmer here over the past 2 weeks). Maybe shilala's beads are working well, and the overkill of 12 bags is really helping! But I noticed the smell of my cigars a few days ago, which is what prompted this whole thought process.

This montegue is my first cabinet, so I don't know what I should expect to observe in a good seal versus a bad one. But the past week or two, I am not happy with my smokes, as they seem a bit brittle (the caps have been breaking when I use a punch cut, which didn't happen before!).

By the time a man realizes that maybe his father was right, he usually has a son who thinks he's wrong.

Last edited by paris1129; 03-21-2010 at 10:36 AM. Reason: wasn't finished
paris1129 is offline   Reply With Quote