View Single Post
Old 01-14-2014, 07:57 AM   #42
Infecting Via PM

First Name: Brendon
Trading: (35)
RA
363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about363 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: a journey into pipe making......

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePyroTec View Post
Did ya ever get this one finished?
I got that one shaped then it wasnt quite what I wanted it to be so it got put up on the shelf and has been sitting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePyroTec View Post
Ended up starting a similar shape today. I can't believe I forgot to take the "BEFORE" picture. I put a couple chunks of the briar back in place after rough shaping just to show the original type of block I started with. I cheated and used a band saw to cut off the two larger sections to save time. Rough shaping was done with a 60 grit disc on a shaper...then 80 by hand, & just started 120 when I called it a day...the pictures are from just after starting 80 grit.

I wouldnt call that cheating to use a band saw. I wish I had one, would save me a lot of time and dust. I still have been working just with nothing worthy to show off. Did you make the stem or is it a premolded? I have a church warden in the works that should be finished soon and once it is Ill put it up here for yall to see. I am happy with the shape I got and all. Keep em coming guys!