View Single Post
Old 04-07-2015, 12:37 AM   #1
Subvet642
Bilge Rat

First Name: Darren
Trading: (13)
LFdC Navy (Served With Honor)
Subvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to allSubvet642 is a name known to all
Default Comic Books (Like I need another slope)

I've recently re-discovered my love of comic books. I hadn't bought one since about '82; that's when the X-Men story arc I was into got just too convoluted and difficult to keep up with, with all the other titles I had to buy in order to get the whole story. Now, with all the Marvel movies and television shows, as well as all the other TV shows referencing comics, I thought I'd take a look back. The wife is a full-on Marvel geek-ette. This time, I've decided to focus on war comics, mostly because they have complete, non-serialized stories. I don't think I'll gather a huge collection; just a choice selection. Of course, I like the Naval variety best and I'm starting out collecting all 18 issues of DC's Capt. Storm. I got the wife a subscription to Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and Rocket Racoon for me. The wife's birthday is coming up in June and I got her a copy of Tales of Adventure #77 (Iron Man and Capt. America) with the first appearance of Peggy Carter (she loves that character).

Has anyone else applied their hunter-gatherer skills to the pursuit of picture books?

Last edited by Subvet642; 04-07-2015 at 12:44 AM.
Subvet642 is offline   Reply With Quote