Thread: Games thread!
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2011, 09:04 AM   #1040
Brutus2600
Your resident lancerHO

First Name: Brian
Trading: (46)
LGC
Brutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura aboutBrutus2600 has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Games thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoco View Post
The memory that sticks with me the most about EQ is Southpaw. That is when I learned that one mob will, in fact, pull other mobs. Those trains were truly epic

We had one guy that ran our economy. I mean really - he RAN that economy. He was a really smart and funny guy, too. I don't think I ever saw him anywhere except for Torch #3 in EC. I still remember his character name - Beardo. If you inspected him his character description said "Yay for Diablo-esque economies".

Did you ever do any raiding? Old school plane of fear was hilariously bad. I lost my corpse for a week because of all the crap that was at the zone line...couldn't go in and loot! Hooray for alts

Also - taking a bard/rogue at an absurdly low level into Lower Guk to get the mask of deception since they always just rotted. Lots of deaths involved in getting that item. Lots.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ah, Fippy Darkpaw and the Southpaw zone. Qeynos will forever be THE beginning memory of my MMO world type experience. When EQ2 came out and I played it for a little while (didn't last long) running through Qeynos' streets was possibly the most nostalgic gaming experience I've ever had.

Beardo, that sounds so familiar...were you on Rallos Zek? I know there was one guy who ran the economy too, literally had millions of platinum, which was absolutely insane at the time.

Me and all my friends played EQ from around release to just a year or two short of when WoW was released. Played Star Wars Galaxies, Dark age of Camelot, and EQ2 inbetween EQ and WoW. We're pretty much MMO junkies and can't wait for Star Wars: The Old Republic to be released, we're done with WoW and want the next big, good MMO. Tried Rift, but most of the group didn't like it (I actually enjoyed it, but once they left it was just kind of so so).
Brutus2600 is offline   Reply With Quote