View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #74
The Poet
Il megglior fabbro

First Name: Thomas
Trading: (2)
The Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud ofThe Poet has much to be proud of
Default Re: *2010 MLB Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualSmitty View Post
Yankees signed Randy Winn today, which I guess officially closes the door on Johhny Damon. Guess they just want a stop gap till Craw ford becomes a free agent in 2011.
I am pissed. Like a lot of Yankee fans, I wanted them to keep both Matsui and Damon, and to hell with the pricetag. What if Godzilla can't play the field? He's proven to be clutch at the plate, and never caused a problem. And what if Damon wasn't great in the field either? He could hit for decent average and power, make more plays than he missed, steal a few bags when needed, and turned out to be a better guy than I expected when he came to us from Baastun. But the word was they'd keep only one or the other, yet it seems we'll have neither. I like Nick Johnson well enough on the bench, but do I have faith in him every day? Nope. Damon proved he can handle the pressure in NYC. Will Curtis, or would a hypothetical Crawford? Who knows?

Shoot, Hank, take a lesson from your daddy . . . it's only money.
The Poet is offline   Reply With Quote