View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 11:34 AM   #63
Wanger

Default Re: *2010 MLB Thread*

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
After two consecutive Cy Youngs...I say he's earned it. Plus, he is still very young. They better lock him up while they can.
Here's where the quandry is. He's had less than 3 years of experience in the league, and while he's been nothing short of amazing so far, I've read that there are questions about how long he'll hold up with his violent motion. My Twins had a guy like that...Francisco Liriano, and he's still trying to get his mojo back.

As for my Twinkies, I like resigning Pavano, and the trade for Hardy. But what they really need is a consistent presence at 3rd. They have a prospect who is supposed to be a stud (Valencia), but he's not ready yet. Mauer NEEDS that extension, and it would be a HUGE toll on the franchise if they don't do it. But I think they will, as he has an agent known for keeping his guys in the same place. The pitching staff has another year of experience and how they do really depends on how Liriano can bounce back and Slowey comes back from his wrist injury. I'll roll with Baker and Blackburn, and the bullpen looks fairly sound, especially with Neshek coming back.

But since they never make a huge splash in the offseason, I think it'll be another 1 series and done, if they make it to the playoffs. Should be an interesting race between 3 teams for 1 playoff spot (Twins, Sox, Tiggers).