View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 02:54 PM   #10
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Congrats To Derek Jeter!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmac07 View Post
5-5, SB, 2 runs scored, 2 RBIs and the game winning hit. Fitting end to a perfect day for Derek Jeter.
Makes me wish I had him up instead of JJ Hardy in my fantasy ball.
Not really, his post-dl numbers have sucked compared to Hardy's, but I'd like to have had his numbers for today.
Makes me wonder...
It sure was convenient for him to get healthy and come off the dl just in time to get this done before All-Star break. That's a lot of stuff that doesn't get sold during the break if he doesn't get this done, ya know?
Random stupid stuff...
His promoter/dork who sells the rights to the Jeter fanabilia has the rights to five gallons of dirt from the infield from right after that game. 1/2 oz. vials will be going for $250 each. A venue like the All-Star week is an amazing opportunity to get that stuff sold, while fans are at the absolute pinnacle of their Jeter love.
It just makes ya wonder how deep these guys think to get every last buck they can. Not that that's a bad thing, so long as the fan buying the stuff is happy, it just makes me wonder if the money plays into whether or not Jeter goes on the DL when he does, so he can come off and get this done when it needs to be done so they can maximize the dollars?
Ya think, Mac?