View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #16
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Liga Privada Unico Serie L40

Quote:
Originally Posted by php007 View Post
Nice review, I really wasn't that impressed with it either. Who knows. maybe age will tell a different story.
In my reading on the blend after I did the review, Drew's buddy/partner (I think it's Sorkas?) stated that he himself did not hold out hope for aging on these blends. 3 years max is what they're thinking before they go south. I also read on Brook's site where he smoked an aged stick. It didn't review well.
The one Ken gave me was in perfect smokable shape. Humidified perfectly, burned perfectly, and I'd think it was at it's absolute pinnacle. Maybe a year would yield a little difference in the smoking experience, but I honestly think, from all my experience with this profile, that age is just going to make the stick milder. That's not really something someone wants that enjoys this kind of cigar, or at least it's not something I want.
I also believe that Padron Anni's really suffer after a few years. I have a pile of '06's that really lost their groove. They're very muted and don't develop like a freshie, or a year or two old Padron Anni. They just kind of roll over on their belly and lie there.