View Single Post
Old 06-10-2012, 08:12 PM   #3211
BigAsh
Don't knock the Ash...

First Name: Keith
Trading: (46)
Partagas
BigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to beholdBigAsh is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Spent my Sunday......prepping 31 pounds of chuck roast in advance of my son's high school grad party next saturday...bought 2 chuck rolls totaling 37 pounds, then cut thick roasts about 4 inches...used 6 roasts and saved 2 for later use...bovine bold and dizzy pig red eye express with extra turbinado sugar for the bark....hickory and cherry with a full basket of lump in the BDS...kept it at 225-250 for the first 2 hours when I flipped 'em then ramped up the temp to 275...started to foil 'em as they hit the 175-180 range...about 6 hours in, though 2 took an extra hour to get up to temp...foiled with beef broth and extra rub...took 'em off at 210...cooled a bit, then pulled...happy with the results....nice bark and smoke ring...vac sealed til next Saturday's party!...