Connoisseur of Pucks

First Name: Matt
Trading: (5)
Bolivar
Prefy will become famous soon enough
Default Re: NHL '08- '09 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
But I am not sure what you would have the NHL do, Matt...not let him coach again because of one DUI?
Personally I would have a very tough policy on this kind of thing. Suspension without pay(1st offense)...Indefinite suspension(Possible Expulsion) and forfeiture of contract(2nd offense). Everybody in the league would fall under the same disciplinary procedures(President-Stick boy). Like you said everyone gets one chance to make a mistake but the second is another issue.

Queenville hasn't been found guilty yet as far as I know but in the event that he has been my punishment would follow 1st offense guidelines(as I can't find any information as to whether or not he has previous convictions)

I have seen too many people affected by drunk driving..overall there is no justification anyone can use to substantiate the possibility of lose of life that drinking and driving propagates. To me its like looking down the barrel of a loaded gun, its just something I wouldn't do. This is something I feel passionately about...come to think of it I may write a paper on this for my sport policy class. All in All its just my and really what to they matter in the grand scheme of things