View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 03:24 PM   #17
G G
BR549

First Name: Greg
Trading: (10)
Bolivar
G G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant futureG G has a brilliant future
Default Re: Question for network gurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weelok View Post
Well, I think we are all in agreement that your screwed hah. Since the only IP is virtual and routing is occurring at the VPN server, there is no way for you to forward port traffic to a separate device behind your router. The only way I see for you to make this work is a separate tunnel for each device and your not going to be able to do that with a basic home router.

I recommend you put a MAC by your TV and create a software VPN from the MAC to your streaming service which allows the rest of your network to not be a VPN.

My two cents.
Kinda knew that was the answer, but I have learned over the years with computers and networks there is sometimes ways to do impossible sounding things. It's not a do or die thing, just nice to be able to peek in when we're not home. Thanks for chiming in.
G G is offline   Reply With Quote