View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 05:15 AM   #10
688sonarmen
Shipmate!

First Name: Jake
Trading: (17)
Bolivar Navy (Active)
688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice688sonarmen is just really nice
Default Re: How Durable is your Wineador?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shilala View Post
I've built a bunch of compressor driven models, Greg. You just have to make some mods that involve some wiring and messing around.
There's no reason a compressor-driven Frigidaire won't last a lifetime, or close to it. The Vinotemps seem to last most guys a few years before the board or fans go out. They're not real good stuff.
Thing is, you can use your shelves and beads and so on in another model if you can't still land a TEDS. (It may take a little trimming here and there, but at least all is not lost.)

To the OP, you're well on your way to a nicely done Aristocrat or something sweet you can find on Craigslist. Quality costs money, and with humi's, that plays just the same as with anything else.
If I were gonna lay down $740, I'd definately be looking at a different direction than two vinotemps, for lots of reasons. Not that Vinotemps aren't awesome, because they are, but you're heading to "big storage land" and I think you can spend your money way better.

Either way, Congratulations, my brother. You're gonna have fun!!!

I'm a little late on this but thanks Scott for the info 2 wine coolers is about what my current stock is at in my Montague humi which as long as I can keep my house around 72f this summer (In Va) will work fine, if not I'll look at selling it and upgrading to something that regulates temp.
688sonarmen is offline   Reply With Quote