View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #9
shilala
Dear Lord, Thank You.

First Name: Scott
Trading: (252)
Cuaba
shilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond reputeshilala has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How Durable is your Wineador?

I've built a bunch of compressor driven models, Greg. You just have to make some mods that involve some wiring and messing around.
There's no reason a compressor-driven Frigidaire won't last a lifetime, or close to it. The Vinotemps seem to last most guys a few years before the board or fans go out. They're not real good stuff.
Thing is, you can use your shelves and beads and so on in another model if you can't still land a TEDS. (It may take a little trimming here and there, but at least all is not lost.)

To the OP, you're well on your way to a nicely done Aristocrat or something sweet you can find on Craigslist. Quality costs money, and with humi's, that plays just the same as with anything else.
If I were gonna lay down $740, I'd definately be looking at a different direction than two vinotemps, for lots of reasons. Not that Vinotemps aren't awesome, because they are, but you're heading to "big storage land" and I think you can spend your money way better.

Either way, Congratulations, my brother. You're gonna have fun!!!