View Single Post
Old 05-18-2014, 03:48 PM   #77
baust55
AUSTIN

First Name: JAMES
Trading: (1)
baust55 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: What other brands cat litter?

I have been using HF beads in my two 100ct humidors . I had to add a little distilled water every week in the dry winter . I bought an 18 bottle vinotemp wine cooler recently .
I decided to try some kitty litter in it . I have a cpl boxes and a few dozen sticks in it now . I started with about only 8oz of the kitty pearls.... holding right at 65% RH no water added since the cpl squirts I gave them to start 4 weeks ago . . RH IN ROOM IS about 50% . when I open the wineador the RH recovers quickly to 65% RH in just a cpl minutes.
Now two 2oz tubes of HF beads cost me $28 shipped.............. I got a giant 8lb bag of kitty pearls delivered for far less .....so far I have used only 8oz of the 8lb bag .
So even if I double THE Kitty litter in my humidor I will still have 7lb left so its ...way way ....way more thrifty than the HF beads ..

I like the HF beads but I am super cheap eeeeerrrr I mean thrifty .
so that goofy math trying to say kitty liter would be more expensive is laughable .

OK IN SIX MONTHS I WILL REPORT BACK

SO FAR KITTY LITTER WINS OVER HF BEADS !

AUSTIN

p.s
I am still using the (4 ...20Z Tubes) 8 oz of HF beads that cost me almost $40 I also am squirting them one a week to keep RHat 65%

Man I am kicking my ass for wasting all that money when I could have got twice as many KITTY beads for buck or two . DOH !
baust55 is offline   Reply With Quote