View Single Post
Old 02-27-2015, 02:24 PM   #19
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: Live Long & Prosper: RIP Leonard Nimoy

Just reposting this from a quick Facebook post I put up this morning…

One of the nicest people I met while working room service at the Charles Hotel in Cambridge. He was staying there while filming The Good Mother, I was walking past the elevator area with a couple coworkers and I saw him, he was wearing a beige trench coat and a hat, I knew he looked familiar but couldn't quite figure it out, I was collecting a room service table and was rolling it back when I passed him again and it dawned on me and before my brain could tell the rest of me to shut up I said, all too loudly, "oh my God it's Mr Spock!" … he just looked up at me and I, well I didn't run away but put my head down and wheeled quite a bit faster..

The next morning I had an order to bring up, 2 coffee cups, spoons and cream, no coffee, I knocked on the door and Mr. Nimoy opened it and without missing a beat said, "Oh my God, it's the room service guy!"…. I was utterly speechless.... He actually laughed and over the next couple of weeks I had waited on him and his wife several times, they tipped 5 bucks every day for 2 cups and spoons, they had their own coffee maker. One day I brought him lunch and he was on the phone talking about "Bill and Paramount", this of course was a conversation talking about Captain Kirk and Paramount Pictures and having to do with the next Star Trek movie, it took me about 10 minutes to do 2 minutes worth of set up that trip.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote