View Single Post
Old 03-01-2012, 08:51 AM   #1024
Salvelinus
Have My Own Room

First Name: Brendan
Trading: (12)
Salvelinus will become famous soon enoughSalvelinus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Homebrewers - Whats in the fermeter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikes View Post
Don't know if any of yall are looking for kegs but I have been searching for a low price as I need a few more. Found 2 packs of them for $77.50 Pepsi style and 71.50 for converted coke style ones at corneykeg.com. Wasn't sure how beat up they were gonna be so I only ordered 2 at first but when they came in good shape i placed another order for 2 more. Now have 12 kegs total ;o)

I also noticed they have a drilled out top option that allows you to insert an airlock and ferment in the kegs. Do any of yall ferment in them?> It would be great to cut the liquid line out up an inch or so and when it was time to rack to a clean keg just pressurize the one and push the beer to another keg! No more friggin siphon. Only thing I am not sure of is how hard it would be to clean the trub out of there when it is all done.....

Mikes
If I was going to do this I'd probably only secondary in the kegs then just force carb and pour a couple beers that are a bit yeasty or like you said cut the liquid line a bit and transfer to a new keg for carbonation if you want clear beers.

Why not just get a stopper and an airlock and stick it in the gas side during fermentation? Then you've got a keg that can be used for fermentation and pouring beer. You can probably get an extra dip tube to cut short relatively cheap and just put that into kegs that you are going to ferment in.
Salvelinus is offline   Reply With Quote