Thread: Jameson Orange
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2022, 08:46 AM   #18
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Jameson Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
When 2020 closures forced me to stay home for a few weeks, I picked up some Tullamore Dew.. Drank that straight.

But when things got back to near normal, finding a place that both allowed cigars AND had better Irish than Jameson was a challenge. Still is. And for me, staying home feels like involuntary confinement.
Tullamore Dew is better than Jameson.

Some that Irish(s) I have sampled in the last couple years and found good. (price I paid for it)

Kilbrin *** ($20)
Red Breast 12 ** (for the price, thought it would be better than it was - won't buy again at $53)
Tullamore Dew *** ($20)
Tullamore Dew (rum cask finish) *** ($27)
Teeling Small Batch *** ($28)
Teeling Single Grain **** ($39)
Kavanagh Toasted French Oak Finish **** ($30)
Knappogue Castle **** ($25)
Knockmore **** ($23)
Knappogue Castle Single Malt 12 Yr ****+ ($34)
Quiet Man **** ($34) [one of my favorite movies, had to have the whiskey - will have it again]
Paddy's ***+ ($20)

There have been a couple more, but that is enough to start. I love to walk into a place with a great selection and just browse. If it is in glass, has a cork, and is under $40 - I look at it and cogitate...if it is under $30, I will probably pull the trigger. AND, I am a sucker for a bottle that comes in it's own "tabernacle", especially if it is tube shaped (and I have yet to be disappointed).

Peace of the Lord be with you.