View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 12:18 PM   #2
morefifemusic

Default Re: McClelland Christmas Cheer 2008

Review by yellowgoat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowgoat View Post
WARNING!!
This is my first review of a tobacco ever! Let's give it a try.

Eyes and Nose
A beautiful brown flake with a smell that is figgy and slightly vinegary up close sort of reminds me of McClelland from the smell and look of it.

First Part
Nice moister with this flake and easy to rub out and fill the bowl with.
The taste is very woody at the start turning quickly to a almost nutty figgy somewhat woody taste with a nice balanced sweetness that sort of crawls in and out and in between the figgy nutty woods taste.

Second Part
Now I'm getting a sort of malty taste with still the woodsy taste staying around and the nut being gone with the fig being more hidden under the woodsy/oaky malty taste. It has a nice puffy ash as I head down to the half part of the bowl,This tobacco smokes cool so far and hasn't gone out since.

Half Part/Last Part
So the half part is getting deeper with the wood/oak taste and the fig is slightly back with a slight very slight almost pepper or a root maybe radish kind of taste, Very pleasant.

The End
The wood/oak is all but gone and moved to a dark deep almost a slightly burnt sugar on ceder like taste. A little more time and it's getting near the end I'm getting more of a sweeter bread like taste, I love the end of this tobacco! You got to tell me what this stuff is! I need to get some! PM me and I have to say that this stuff hasn't gone out at all!!! I have not done a relight once!!
And this is done as the last puff of smoke dissipates into oblivion.

I had nothing to drink with the tobacco and was smoked using a Neerup and I smoked another bowl an hour later in a Wessex to confirm everything I tasted, All though it differed slightly in taste it was still close to what I tasted in the Neerup.

I hope this review is good. This is only what the taste of the tobacco reminded me of and some things were on the tip of my tongue but couldn't for the life of me get. I'm sure I'll get better at it as the months pass.

Cheers!