View Single Post
Old 04-21-2015, 12:32 PM   #3
RevSmoke
Ain't Never Gonna Leave

First Name: Todd
Trading: (51)
HUpmann
RevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant futureRevSmoke has a brilliant future
Default Re: Moving On From Cobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnster View Post
Hey fellas,
Just wondering how the smoking experience differs when moving from a cob to a briar. I've got both an unfinished cob as well as a finished one from MM. Technically I would imagine the finished one smokes similar to a briar since it isn't just a corn cob but I wanted to hear what yall had to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyFlake View Post
Finished or unfinished, Cobbs smoke like Cobbs, not in the slightest, do they smoke like Briar. No Briar, of any grade, breaths like a Corn Cobb or smokes as coll as a Corn Cobb.

You, most definitely, should smoke a Briar, as well as your Corn Cobbs. It's the only way you will experience the difference.
What he said!

And each briar can smoke with some slight differences too, especially at first.

For example, I have had no luck with a couple brands of pipes - they take forever to break in for me (if I even keep them long enough to break in), and I have nothing but fried tongue when I smoke them. Of a couple brands, I have not found estate pipes from them which did not fry my tongue. Of course, these brands have been around for longer than I have been alive, sell by the thousands, so they must be doing something right.

So - cobs smoke like cobs, briar smokes like briar, and in case you are wondering, Meerschaum smokes differently than either.

Hope this does not muddy things up too much.

Peace of the Lord be with you.