View Single Post
Old 02-19-2010, 08:02 PM   #323
Neuromancer
Will work for Boli GM's

First Name: Marc
Trading: (23)
Bolivar
Neuromancer will become famous soon enoughNeuromancer will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Pipe Smoker With A Question? Ask an Old Fart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post
I can't think of the brand of that knockoff for the life of me, CRS don't you know. The head broke off the built-in tamper within three days, needed refilling every third or fourth day of use, the striker wheel didn’t work well and it never wanted to light. I bought an eighteen dollar lighter and got what I paid for.
NIBO makes an "Old Boy" knock-off and it's a piece of crap...had one and it crapped out so early I wrote them and complained...they sent me another one...same problem, so I gave up...found the Colibri Morpheus to be a decent lighter...it's a two-way that lit one way has an angled flame for pipe lighting and lit the other way, a small torch flame for cigars or whatever...I use it mostly for pipe lighting...one of these days I'll probably break down and get myself a Corona Old Boy, but for now the Morpheus (I actually have two of them...got a great buy on them) is working fine...