Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Hard apple cider

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
I do have a clip for the racking cane. Looks like I'll just do it that way.

357, I wish my other tree ripened at the same time as this one did. It's an unknown to me as well. Actually, all of my trees are unknown, as they were planted by the former owner's husband. She was selling the place after they divorced, and it was her now ex-husband who planted the trees. It used to grow apples with no flavor. But because of the milder fall we had up here, the apples got to mature and actually became quite good. On the tart side, but good nonetheless. My local Farmer's market is tomorrow, so I may go buy some sweeter apples for blending.

I'm also going to add some brown sugar to the mix.
Careful not to over do it, too much sugar and you'll be waiting until this time next year before it's drinkable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pektel View Post
Adam, I just got off the phone with my local supplier. They do have RC-212. I'm going to be picking that up today.
Cool. Like I said, I've had mixed results with RC-212, it will leave it a bit dry, more so than a cider yeast will, but if you're going for a still cider, you can always stop the fermentation early when you hit the gravity you want, or back sweeten prior to bottling.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote