View Single Post
Old 01-31-2012, 06:53 PM   #2935
Hondo

Default Re: What's in your smoker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveDMatt View Post
I've been contemplating the WSM for a while and would love to hear everyones thoughts. It seems to be highly represented here. I have smoked some butts on my kettle that have come out good and bad. The bad was just too much smoke. Smoking on the kettle requires quite a bit of attention also. And there just isn't enough room to do any quantity.
Also, any recommendation for a good remote thermometer would also be appreciated.
Most of my smoking knowledge has been acquired on amazingribs.com
The WSM is a world class smoker especially now that it's made in the 22.5 inch diameter. A buddy of mine has one so I have been able to play with the thing a bit and I like it a lot. Same quality you would expect from Weber with the high gloss finish like the kettle grills. He's cranking out some nice Q with the thing too. I'm sure this smoker will outlive the owner as long as taken care of, it's a really nice smoker.

If I were buying a new thermometer today I would get http://www.maverickhousewares.com/et73.htm which has two probes, one for the meat and one for the chamber temperature. I'm currently using two units to accomplish the same thing.