First Name: Jared
Trading: (12)
HdM
jluck will become famous soon enoughjluck will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Handgun Scopes

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitty81 View Post
Well, with that said.............

I would think that with a gun like this with a scope or without, your not gonna just walk around in the woods looking for something to kill. Especially if your hog hunting. More than likely you will be in a tree stand or a blind with something to rest the gun on.

If you can rest it on something and steady it, you can get great groups. At least I can.

Whats wrong with Nikons? I have had one on my deer rifle for about 8 years and have never had to even adjust it. I wouldn't want anything else on it in fact.
I'm a west coast hunter though. We go to our food instead of waiting for it to come to us (we call places like that restaurants). I put on many many miles packing a gun of choice and that's why I made my statement and did what I did. If I hunted from a stand only I would have kept my scope.
Brand preference....I live and hunt in one of the harshest environments for modern hunting optics, I say this with regards to atmospheric pressure swings that reveal cheap or inferior scopes. I have seen what works for me and the huge majority here and I go with what I trust. If you like Nikons and they work for you....great.
Also Leupold is Oregon made, They know what we need.

Thread-jack off aye?
jluck is offline   Reply With Quote