View Single Post
Old 05-15-2018, 06:55 AM   #22
Ashcan Bill
Ol' Dude

First Name: Bill
Trading: (6)
Partagas
Ashcan Bill has disabled reputation
Default Re: Freezing Cigars For Beetles? What do you guys think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by icehog3 View Post
I don't freeze anything, but I only buy Cuban. I will quarantine custom rolls, but supposedly Cuba has been freezing production cigars for quite some time. I do make sure the temps in my house never get above 70*F. And I've never had a beetle (knocks on wood).
I'm with the Admiral on this one. Most of what I buy is also Cuban, but I don't think any major manufacturer today lets stuff out of their warehouse without taking some preventive steps. And it's been quite a while since I've heard first hand of anyone having a beetle problem. I think it happened more in the past, though that's not to say it still can't happen.

I've purchased and smoked thousands of cigars and have yet to have a problem. Maybe I was born under a lucky star. Or maybe I don't freeze 'em because every time my wife sees an empty spot in the freezer she stuffs something into it and I couldn't fit a cigar in anyway. And we can't leave conservation of energy (aka laziness) out of the equation.

Also, like many here I have a temperature controlled cabinet that keeps them as cool as I want/need. So I invest my time worrying about important stuff, like alien invasions or how the Knights are doing in the playoffs.
Ashcan Bill is offline   Reply With Quote