View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 09:43 AM   #23
shopkins82
Still Watching My Back

Trading: (1)
shopkins82 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Anybody smoke when they're sick?

My daughter was born on Feb 21, right at the time I was half-way through fighting the longest-lasting cold I've ever had (still lingering to date). That said, I couldn't pass up a couple of opportunities for some celebratory smokes outside the hospital. We were smoking some Fuente factory throwaways (no label maduro torpedo, $3/stick) so it's not like I was throwing away an OpusX.

At the time the cold it was mostly in my chest but with a good bit of sniffle drainage in the nasal area as well. What worried me most about mixing with smoke was a sore throat. Fortunately none of the above really killed the enjoyment, though I may have missed out on some more subtle flavors and other general nuances... if there were any there.

I haven't smoked since we brought my daughter home from the hospital last Friday. The cold has moved out of my chest and lodged itself directly in my sinuses for the last several days. I bit the bullet monday and visited the Dr who put me on a regiment of antibiotics, perscription cough suppressant, and ear drops. The cough and sore throat have absolved themselves for the most part, but the sinus congestion and sniffles linger... every time I blow my nose I can feel it in my ears.

That said, my wife and I are going out to dinner with a couple of friends Saturday night and the restaurant is one of the few in the city with a smoking lounge... recovered or not I'll be enjoying a Nick's Sticks Maduro Robusto with my good friend Nick... if we have time we'll be comparing/contrasting the Nick with a Perdomo Fresco Maduro Robusto as we're both curious as to how similar these two really are (with the Fresco being about $1.50 cheaper per single).
shopkins82 is offline   Reply With Quote