Thread: 2016 MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-29-2016, 10:11 AM   #30
AdamJoshua
Article 4 Free Inhabitant

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (40)
Bolivar Army (Served With Honor)
AdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud ofAdamJoshua has much to be proud of
Default Re: 2016 MLB Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonumberone View Post
I couldn't disagree with you more, Pete.
If you want to argue it was the steroid era, or if you want to say he needed to wait longer; fine, but you can't call Mike just a solid player. Mike was great.
Was he the best catcher to ever play the game? No, but he was one, if not the best, hitting catcher of all time.
No small feat when you consider how that position has been chewing up and spitting out talent throughout history.
Lord knows I'm not a Met fan, and I'm not a Piazza fan either, but he does belong in the hall.
I agree and God knows I can't stand the Mets either, or the decision to leave Buckner in a game late that he had no business being in. That being said the only knock I have against Piazza is his b.s. when being questioned about steroids, it's often better to say nothing rather than lie and eventually get caught and have to own up anyway.
AdamJoshua is offline   Reply With Quote