Manufacturer: GL Pease
Tobacco contents: Virginia, Perique
Standard delivery size: 2 oz Tin
Cost: 9.78 at pipesandcigars.com

Ambiance/Physical Description
Tobacco cut: Ribbon?
Tobacco appearance: Light brown
Approximate age: ? Received in a MAW sample from Mad Hatter
Drying time: Stored in a baggy, this baccy was plenty dry. Perhaps even a little too dry.
Accompanying food/beverage: None
Pipe used: MM Cob - Straight Stem

Flavor Profile
Sweetness: Chocolate/Caramel notes detected in 1st third
Fuitiness: None detected
Floralness: None detected
Smokiness: Smokey flavors present. After the first third, this baccy had strong hints of a full bodied cigar flavor. Definite tobacco flavor present.
Earthiness/Spice: Peppery overtones present. The "tin" smell reminded me of peppercorns.
Nuttiness: May have been present subtly for a moment, but I did not notice a significant amount.

Ratings (weights are in parenthesis)
Tin Smell (1) - 3
Burn Quality (2.5) - 4
Room Note (1) - 3
Complexity (2.5) - 4
Overall Taste (3) - 4

Modifiers
Bite - 0 (10% bonus)
Cost per ounce - 4.50-5.49 (0% bonus)

UNWEIGHTED SCORE - 18/25

WEIGHTED SCORE - 38/50

ADJUSTED SCORE - 41.8/50

OVERALL GRADE - B

------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes:

I received this baccy in a MAW sampler from Mad Hatter. He sent a generous amount. The baggy smelled quite peppery with some hints of tobac smell. The beginning was quite smooth with the baccy lighting up nice and easy. This baccy was quite dry however, and I think that may have led to it becoming less complex as the smoke went on. I am going to try re-hydrating it a little and have another go at it.

About halfway through, the baccy started really reminding me of a cigar. I enjoy full bodied, peppery cigars and that is exactly what this reminded me of. I have read it is smoother than it tasted to me, so I am wondering if this may be due to the dryness.

I enjoyed this vaper, though it does not hold a candle yet to Escudo or Anni Kake in my mind.

Still a solid blend from GLP.

Thanks for reading.

-Tyler