Grrrrrr

First Name: The Other Adam
Trading: (37)
Navy (Served With Honor)
T.G has disabled reputation
Default Re: Liga Privada T52-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou2row View Post
thanks for filling in the additional info on the particulars of the cigar. I'm looking forward to trying out the final version and where they went with any changes.
The final will be a mix between the T-52 #3 and #4.

From Steve Saka:
Quote:
LP T52 - This was a blend that was in a holding pattern for a very long time as we were working with a new stalk-cut capa since Sept 2006. To be blunt this leaf is a pain in the a$$ and until just 9 months ago I thought we might have pissed away $400k on it. Luckily we didn’t and the result is phenom imo - anyhow there were seven base iterations of the T52 blend - as fate would have #3 and #4 again turned out to be the best even though the T52 #3/#4 differ from the LP#9 #3/#4 - and again the #4 was the stronger of the lot... for months I was sold on the #3, then the #4, then #3, and so on - we even put the #4 into real production, to change our minds yet again - in the end the final blend is actually between the two... so #3.5 is the official LP T52 blend.

There is another LP you may hear about or even get a sample of from either Jon or me, it is called the "rata sucia" or Dirty Rat - it is the the byproduct of a project I was working on with Nicholas to try an recreate that LP #9 flavor in a corona size... which btw we never did get right imo, however while trying to do so Luis (our lead torcedor and gallery supervisor) came up with an amazing blend utilizing the techniques we developed together. So good that I have been smoking at least two a day lately.... yes I am a junkie..

We may release this in a limited batch, the problem with the "Rata Sucia" is that it is not economically viable due to what is required to create these bunches. It actually costs more to make these coronas than a LP-quality toro because of the techniques employed. Really haven’t decided yet...

Oh also there is a special small batch production of the LP No. 9 that will debut this summer called the "Flying Pig" - this was a vitola I have been dying to do since I saw it about 15 years ago in an old 1895 cigar salesman catalog. Very time consuming to make - average production per pair is 125 p/day, but very unique and ultra powerful - think LP No. 9 on steroids.
T.G is offline   Reply With Quote