View Single Post
Old 05-04-2015, 11:57 AM   #4173
OLS
Suck It

First Name: Brad
Trading: (19)
Bolivar AirForce (Served With Honor)
OLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to beholdOLS is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Photography Thread

Looks like a Grey Rat Snake, there Ron ole boy. Amazing that it let you shoot, although I doubt Michigan is
ready to have snakes dancin in the streets yet.

And Scott, I would almost think that 'with a tripod', 18 inches of macro standoff would be GOOD for lighting.
And for NEW stuff, B&H and Ado both have identical prices or within a dollar of one another. Its the used
stuff where the conundrum breaks in. But the thing I would really say is to avoid any kind of small sensor
DSLR-shaped Point and shoots. I was transfixed by them in olden tymes because the used prices were
conducive to that over a DSLR body. But I would think that you'd do better with THIS CAMERA and a decent lens.
(oops, before I typed it all out, that $389 Nikon D7000 got snatched up)

Then you look at that zoom range and it all starts to get cloudy. But until they make one of those that can
stand up to the low light I use em in, I can't go that route. But I imagine in good light and if you can stand the
shutter lag, they just get more feature-packed every year. The image stabilization alone makes some of
my concerns go away.
OLS is offline   Reply With Quote