View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 10:01 PM   #8
Cigary

Default Re: Trying to cancel DirecTV

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgop View Post
I'm not arguing over having a cancellation fee-I'm just not agreeing
with their method as I thought it was a $150 or $200 early termination fee. I told them I'll call my credit card company when the charge hits as well. I've been in procurement long enough and negotiated enough deals that I like my odds of cutting it in half once I escalate this to a manager.

The guy I talked to couldn't comprehend that I had made the decision to
switch as he was trying to "help" by moving my service. I'm
tired of losing my signal when it rains.
You're losing me here...if you recognize that there is a cancellation/termination fee and you're saying it was $150 or $200 and they state the fee is more like $380 then it goes back to what the contract says it is and they have to have a copy to charge that fee. If they can't you don't have to pay but if they have a copy of the contract then it is up to their discretion to cut it in half or keep it at what the contract states. Either way it's not worth messing with your credit for and maybe their manager will negotiate with you. Did you ever report bad signals/outages? All of this goes into the big picture when talking with these guys which is why I don't do long contracts with any cable/satellite company. Things tend to get lost in translation when problems arise.